Top 10 Foods for Burning Fat
Most people would say that the best way to burn fat is to eat less food. There is a way, however, that the food you eat could help you burn fat. Certain foods can manipulate the way your body uses energy to force it to tap into your fat stores. By integrating these foods into your daily diet, you will start to see the fat melt off.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- The fat burning component of apple cider vinegar is called acetic acid. It has not only been proven to help aid in burning fat but specifically belly fat, which to be honest, is the evilest fat of all! Apple cider vinegar has also been proven to help lower blood sugar so its great for diabetics. How can you start to get more in your diet? Because of the high acidity of apple cider vinegar, it is recommended that you start out slow with just 1-2 teaspoons in a half cup of water and build your way up to 2 tablespoons per day.
- Oolong and Green Tea-Oolong tea contains a combination of caffeine and catechins, both of which increase your metabolism, making you burn more calories each day without even moving a muscle. Another tea with weight loss effects similar to that of Oolong tea is green tea. It also has a higher content of caffeine and contains EGCG, an antioxidant that helps you burn fat. You can boost your fat burning potential even more if you drink a combination of both oolong and green tea daily.
- Greek Yogurt- It must be emphasized first, that in order to get the fat burning benefits of Greek yogurt you need to eat the full-fat version. That’s because CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, is a type of fat that when eaten will help the body burn the stored fat already in your body. Greek yogurt is also high in protein which helps you eat less by keeping you satiated. Yogurt also contains probiotics which keep your digestive system healthy.
- Coconut Oil- The fat burning power of coconut oil comes from it’s MCTs or medium chain triglycerides. These fats help to suppress appetite and also burn stored fat. You can cook with coconut oil and even add a tablespoon to your smoothies. Don’t like the underlying taste of coconut? Try MCT oil. It has the same fat burning properties without the coconut flavor.
- Coffee- It’s no secret that coffee gives you a boost of energy. But how that boost translates into fat burning is important to note. Drinking coffee delivers caffeine to the body. This caffeine is proven to increase the metabolic rate of our bodies, and it's especially helpful before we exercise. This boost will help us exercise longer and give more effort during our exercise, helping us to burn significantly more calories during our workout.
- Whey Protein- Whey protein is the most easily absorbed type of protein available. It not only helps the body to preserve muscle mass, which keeps your metabolism high, but it also signals hormones that tell the body that it is full. This will result in less of an appetite and promotes weight loss.
- Fatty Fish- Fish that have a high-fat content like salmon, herring, mackerel, and sardines are a great choice to include in your diet if you are looking to burn more fat. The fat in these fish is high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are not only great for your heart but also signal the body to burn more fat. These fish are also a good source of appetite suppressing protein.
- Eggs- Speaking of protein, eggs are one of the highest quality of protein sources available. Eating eggs for breakfast was proven to help you eat less food for the rest of the day. This means more fat loss altogether.
- Chili Peppers- These spicy peppers contain an antioxidant called capsaicin. This compound was not only proven to help the body burn fat, but it has also shown to help keep your metabolism high even when you are in a caloric deficit.
- Olive Oil- This healthy fat has been proven to help you feel full by releasing a hormone in the body that signals the brain to stop eating. It is also great for your cholesterol, lowering triglycerides and increasing the good cholesterol. Using olive oil on your salad or veggies will help your body absorb all the fat soluble vitamins in the vegetables.
how to lose weight fast, best foods for weight loss